We often say that health is our greatest wealth. But how many people not only talk about health, but also do something in order to strengthen it? If we really want to do something, we need to start acting today. And to help you stay on the path leading to health, here’s an excerpt from one of the Shaolin texts.
It was written by a Shaolin monk who was not only a martial artist but also a very wise man. In this passage, he gives advice on how to maintain health and youth for a long time.
- Don’t think too much. Superfluous thoughts take away your strength and energy. They are able to age you ahead of time.
- Don’t talk too much. Most people either say or do. It’s better to do.
- When you work, work 40 minutes, and then take a break for 10 minutes. Looking at something constantly can damage your eyes and inner peace.
- When you are happy, you need to control that happiness. If you lose control, you will damage the energies of your lungs.
- Don’t worry too much and try to be less angry because it damages your liver and intestines.
- When you eat something, don’t eat too much. And never overeat because it harms your spleen. If you feel hungry after your meal, eat just a little to numb it.
- When you do something, do it thoroughly. Never rush. Remember the proverb “Hurry slowly and you will get to the place faster.”
- If you train only the body and never do qigong gymnastics, you will lose your inner balance and become impatient. You are losing your body’s yin. Qigong gymnastics helps you restore the balance between yin and yang.
- If you do not load the body and do only meditation and qigong gymnastics, then soon you will use up all your yang energy, and this will certainly lead to illness.
- Shaolin Kung Fu is designed to balance yin and yang. It doesn’t matter how much you do them – it’s important to feel what your body needs.
Via : shifuyanlei.blogspot.com